Our Facility

In December 1999, Avionics 2000 moved into the modern facility located at Hangar 6 Wirraway Road, Essendon Airport. A short time previously, the building had been completely re-furbished with new offices and workshops together with a new roof, re-surfacing of the hangar floor and new hangar doors.

The hangar area is approx 1064 sq metres, the offices approx 418 sq metres and approx 550 sq metres of storage and workshop area.

The offices are centrally air-conditioned and the complex has a monitored security system and video surveillance system.

The facility is rented and has a renewal date of September 2013 with a five year extension option. Note. The Airport has recently been purchased by private enterprise. Part of the sale conditions is that the airport is retained as an airport for the next 50 years.

A private executive lounge and reception is also available with toilets, shower and kitchen situated close by.

Internally, there have been changes to accommodate our growth.

A new avionics workshop was opened on our mezzanine level, providing both a larger area for the traditional avionics products as well as new space for our instrument and Night Vis repair work.

Did you know?

TRIVIA

Our main Hangar is part of the "heritage row" formerly occupied by Ansett and ANA and back when Essendon was Melbourne's primary airport.

The airport was established in 1921. Alan Cobham ended his historic England to Australia flight here in 1926. Charles Kingsford Smith was welcomed here in 1933. Ansett began operations in 1936, followed by TAA in 1946.

Beaufort Bombers were built here during World War II.

Airport visitors have included: Queen Elizabeth II, Roy Orbison, The Beatles, US President Lyndon Johnson, And Kylie Minogue filmed her first music video at the airport.

The Australian Ballet film of Don Quixote was filmed in F hangar, directed by Sir Robert Helpman with co-Director Rudolf Nureyev.